Pipe Fittings and Its Different Types, Applications & AdvantagesJuly 25, 2020
Get The Best And Perfect High Purity Weld Fitting For Various ApplicationsSeptember 3, 2020
A gasket is an elastomeric component that covers the intersection of two different surfaces. These are usually manufactured from different types of materials like rubber, copper, paper, or cork and form as well. These materials will be flexible for the broad scope of different purposes concerning the functionality. These will also include vibration, hygiene, noise, packaging and sound reduction, and even for some sealing purposes.
These are commonly used almost in all industries virtually like pharmaceutical, petrochemical, food processing, water, and gas industries. The metal gaskets are commonly used just for the characteristics and ability to withstand the number of environments like mining and deep-sea, alkaline acids, and resistance to chemicals, high temperature, and pressure.
Metal Gasket is produced from materials like soft iron, stainless steel, low carbon steel, and Inconel. These gaskets are also called as RTJ gaskets or ring gaskets. When you are choosing the metal gaskets, you can expect these from it.
- These gaskets are used in high-pressure class flanges normally above 900 class, and they can sustain in the high temperature.
- These are highly robust and great value for the cost as well.
- High tension bolting is required when you are using it in the metallic gaskets.
These metallic gaskets will fit in the machine on the flange face for both the mantling flags for the various purposes. When you get deep into it, you can find two different types of metallic gaskets, Octagonal and Oval gaskets. When it comes to the semi-metallic gaskets, it is the combination of metallic and non-metal ones. The different types of the combination are possible, and it will be based on the service requirement of the equipment. These are also used in several machines. The metal gasket fittings are the vital components that can make the gasket useful.
Different types of metal gaskets fittings
When you are looking for the metal gasket face seal fittings, the list is huge, and here is some of it.
- Short tube butt weld: As the name indicates, it is the short that will have a short dimension from 1.08 to 1.12 mm. You can have materials with different working pressure. Generally, the tube size will be 1/8, ¼, ⅜, and ½. The equipment will differ with the nominal wall thickness as well.
- Long tube butt weld: Similar to the short one, is it also available with the different tube size and nominal wall thickness. You can choose a gasket with different dimensions and working pressure based on the application you are using.
- Short automatic tube butt weld: Once it is attached, it can operate automatically. However, you need to choose the right material based on the necessity.
- Long automatic tube butt weld: It is similar to the short one, but it is suitable for long equipment. You need to ensure the working and choose it keeping in mind the dimensions and working pressure.
- Socket weld: There is lots of size with the socket weld, and you need to consider various aspects like tube socket size, VCR size, dimension, and working pressure before choosing the gasket.
- Short socket weld: It is available only with the ¼ tube size and unique dimensions and working pressure.
- Male weld: It may contain some internal diameter transitions, and it will not be designed for the gasket retainer assembly.
- Tube adapter: It is the adopter for the different materials and available at a different size.
The bottom line
So, these are the must-know aspects concerning face seal fitting. So, ensure you are aware of it, and you can have the best value of it.